Chronicling my embarkation into my own personal world of writing. I do not have a destination in mind. My only hope is to make some sense of this compelling desire to create with words.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

OK, it's just about "GO" time!!!

I just got off of a conference call with China for a major project that I need to deliver in the next few weeks (among numerous other career commitments), my wife is pregnant, I just completed my third marathon of 2007, my mother-in-law is coming this weekend… what other excuses can I think of to avoid this task?

None! Nor do I want to… I’ve made a writing commitment. It’S NA NO WRI MO time!

We are exactly 2 hours and 15 minutes from National Novel Writing Month. I have no idea how I got myself into this little predictament. Wait, yes, I do, I am wildly ambitious, creative and dedicated to constant challenges and adventures which I believe will fulfill me as a human being. Once I set a goal, I deliver. And this one I set for myself, no matter how difficult I KNOW it will be.

I know I can I do it. I’ve got the story outline, the skill and the ambition to hammer out a story in 30 days. It will not be perfect or remotely pretty. It will hurt, like all ten of my marathons have at the end (although this one may hurt more in the beginning than the end), but I will succeed.

We all have lots of things going on in life. This is important. I can make the time. One solid, uninterrupted hour of robust productivity will get me to the finish line on November 30. I can do this. I will need to adjust constantly, but I have the planning experience to make it happen. It’s GO time!

No comments: