Chronicling my embarkation into my own personal world of writing. I do not have a destination in mind. My only hope is to make some sense of this compelling desire to create with words.

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lining up plans for NaNoWriMo

www.nanowrimo.org

I have officially set the goal to partipicate in National Novel Writing Month in November 2007. I’ll be honest and say that I am a bit intimidated by attempting this feat.

This is a major goal that was not initially built into my 2007 plans, but I have decided during the last week, why not go for it in 2007?

I have some modest fear of failure on this one. 50,000 original words towards fiction in a single year seems daunting to me as it is; and now I am considering trying to accomplish this in a single month all towards a single story. All the while keeping my day job?

November seems like the perfect month to try this massive accomplishment given other demands.

I will have completed the Boston Marathon in April. The Chicago Marathon is in October, which will fulfill both of my marathon attempts this year. I will continue to run during November, but it will not be as structured.

Mon-Fri: 1,200 words per day
Sat-Sun: 3,000 words per day

This equates to 12,000 per full week and would get me to 50,000 by November 30.

I think I will take at least one more writing class (maybe two) before November to get my creative skills really honed.

I believe my commitment to keep writing will effectively prepare me for the hardest writing goal of my life.

*Just completed an online Beginning Writing course.
*The next two courses that I will take (Writeriffic: Creativity Training for Writers – Sessions 1 and 2 found at www.ed2go.com)
*Two Writer’s Journal short story contests

No comments: