Chronicling my embarkation into my own personal world of writing. I do not have a destination in mind. My only hope is to make some sense of this compelling desire to create with words.

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Three days = 4,505 words - Got to keep focus and maximize output

Wow, this is really challenging.

I am slightly behind schedule. However, I have decent reasons. #1: My mother-in-law came in Thursday night, and #2: It was my wife’s birthday yesterday. I simply cannot ditch my family to write whenever I feel like it. I had to spend time with them today and yesterday.

All and all, I am in decent shape.

The biggest challenge about NaNoWriMo so far is maximizing output in the time I have available. I thought I’d be able to do 1,500-1,800 words an hour. I’m not anywhere near that.

It makes me realize that I have not done nearly enough planning on characters, setting and plot. I just need to keep writing – despite any holes or inconsistencies.

I will make up the 500 words I am short as well as another minimum 1,667 tomorrow.

We gain an hour tonight. Yes!

No comments: